Application Instructions and Required Documents
- Statement of Program Interest, no more than two pages, double-spaced (approximately 600 words):
- Describe your preparation for doing literary research – coursework, specific papers that you have written, or other academic projects that you have undertaken.
- Describe your research interests: what topics, authors, and/or historical periods are you interested in pursuing? What critical questions are you hoping to address through literary research and what draws you to those questions?
- Discuss your academic goals: how might your participation in the UCD SPLASH Program assist you in your academic and career goals? How will it benefit your undergraduate and graduate school plans?
- College-level writing sample. Please submit a college paper (5-10 pages in length), double-spaced, on a topic related to either one’s major, minor or graduate study interests.
- Copy of college/university transcripts; unofficial is fine
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member at home institution (to be sent directly from recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application Due: November 16, 2016 (5pm PST)
- Focus in literary and cultural analysis
- Interest in pursuing a PhD program in the Humanities
- Good academic standing